Friday, May 29, 2015

I {Heart} Decorating My Mantel

This post was featured at :


The Dedicated House


Each holiday, each season provides a new opportunity to re-style my mantel. This huge all-white space lends itself perfectly to all colors and styles. And as we're in the midst of the "flag" holidays - Memorial Day, Flag Day, the 4th of July - I've re-styled my mantel to fit all three.



Nothing pops against white quite like red, does it?! So many seasons lend themselves to the decorative use of red - Christmas, Valentine's, the 4th of July. Even summer - as I'll probably use this wire basket and Mason jars along with the red flowers even after Independence Day.


I also think I'll find many, many uses for my clipboard easel throughout the year, but for now I love that it holds a picture of Old Glory.



Found these little books (actually storage boxes) at Michael's this week - wouldn't it be fun to read a book - or blog - about enjoying the little things. Perhaps that's what many of our blogs really are about!



Do you enjoy decorating your mantel for the seasons? My sister-in-law Linda recently told me, "I've started decorating my mantel for every holiday after seeing what you do with yours." So glad she's joined the fun!



Keep Decorating ~ 

Mary

Sharing at:

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE that red pitcher! Your mantel looks colorful and beautiful. I miss my mantel from the rent house.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that you were back blogging - I arrived here from Cozy Little House.

    I am so glad she featured you and I could see all the colorful cuteness at your house.

    I might just copy that "Enjoy the Little Things" on a chalkboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the colors and the fun spirit of your decorating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I don't really do much seasonal decorating, except for Christmas, but I like seeing what others do :)

    I found you via, Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like all your sewing projects. I can tell I will really enjoy your blog. Came to your blog through Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, I love your mantle! I agree, nothing like red and white. I have that same clip in my craft room and I love it. I have always decorated my home for the holidays, even before blogging. My mom was a decorator and I guess it's just in my blood. lol! I do love the little things in life that make us happy!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovvvve your mantel :))) I don't have a blog but I found you thru Brenda and now I'm a new follower. I went back and read several of your post's. I REALLY liked the apron you made, would purchase one if I saw it at a craft faire. Glad I found you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/06/anything-blue-friday-week-85.html Hope to see you again at the little, blue soiree. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary! I wanted to let you know that I have a new series that is a compilation of all of the weekly features of all of the parties at The Dedicated House. You of course, were one of those features. Here is the link to the Weekly Feature Series. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/06/features-from-week.html Pop on over and check out all of the features. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete