Monday, August 15, 2016

Summer - And The Livin' is Easy

It's the hot, humid end of summer I'm talking about! Only three weeks until school starts again, and my son will be off to the tech center half-days to learn more about computer programming. His passion. Got it from his Dad, definitely not me - see here.

My sister-in-law Linda brought us some tomatoes from her garden. She lives in the country but no animals bother her crop. We live in town and we quit planting - the squirrels were the winners :)



Meanwhile, I joined a really fun Sew Sampler monthly quilt group at Fat Quarter Shop. Each month I get a box filled with goodies - everything from fabric to quilt patterns to things every quilter needs -



I've made three blocks, with nine more to go. The colors are different from anything I've ever done but it's kind of fun to mix things up a bit.



Well, enjoy the rest of your summer and stay cool!

Mary 


2 comments:

  1. I have one tomato plant in the back yard. I didn't stake it in time so it's now on the ground, overburdened with tomatoes. I hope they ripen soon.
    You're right. The heat has been awful this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous box filled with quilt goodies...what fun to open that! Your blocks look lovely. The tomatoes look delicious...we have grown some which are just ripening....planning to try some this weekend!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete