Monday, January 15, 2018

After all, it's January!

We had snow a couple of weeks ago - just an inch, but it turned to total ice overnight. And with temperatures so unusually low in Virginia, it stayed frozen for days and days.

I admit to developing cabin fever and finally went out, slipping and sliding through my neighborhood until I got to the regular streets which were clear. A woman has to do what a woman has to do, right?!

Now they're calling for snow again this week. I was complaining to a friend about it, and he said, "Well after all, it's January!"



That's fine, except we have had many January's with no snow and no single-digit temperatures - and I vote for more of those.

Which turns my mind to dreams of Daytona Beach. Some research revealed it's a mere 10 hour drive from my home. And I'm always up for an adventure. Hoping we might make the trip in February. And if these low temperatures continue, we might stay.


photo courtesy of TripAdvisor

Not really. My husband has to get back to his job. My dream of the beach can only become reality for a few days.

How is the weather where you are?

Mary

P.S. the letters above are wooden (from Michael's) with scrap paper cut-outs glued using Mod Podge. They sit in my window. Just to remind me that .... well, it's still January!

2 comments:

  1. we've had snow and ice. This week will be in the 50's so i'm ecstatic lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope by now all your snow is gone and your enjoying more spring like weather!

    ReplyDelete