Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Let's Call It Fall



Even if it’s not technically fall, when school opens I think fall and I’m ready to decorate.

So down came fall tub from the attic. It had less to choose from this year as I’d gotten rid of a lot,  always thinking “simplicity,” one of my favorite words and ways to live.

I decided to put together a vignette on the dining room table – the only new item is the cute sign. I saw it on my way out of Hobby Lobby and knew it would make the perfect completion to the items I’d already put in my wooden box. 


 I love this vignette so much, I keep the light on in the dining room, even when I’m not in there. I enjoy it as I walk by on my way to the stairs or front door.  It brings a smile to my face.


 This scarecrow has been in the family for decades; he's a keeper.


The only other decorating we’ll have for fall is the mantel, and for some reason I had a hard time putting this together. And I’m still not crazy about it. So I tweak …

Idea No. 1:



Idea No. 2:




Which do you prefer, or do you think it needs something else altogether? 

We enjoy these cooler days in Virginia, but wishing Hurricane Irma would head out to sea. Family and friends are in its current path, and I’m emailing them to come to Richmond for safe housing with us. Our country is having so many natural disasters, sending prayers for Houston, California (wild fires), and the southeast U.S.


2 comments:

  1. I love your fall decor. For the mantle I love that pop of teal. I have been praying hard for hurricane victims and the wildfires which are not only in Cali but Montana, Oregon, Idaho. Difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute vignette and I love that the scarecrow has been in your family for decades.

    ReplyDelete