Monday, August 24, 2015

Out of This World Frosted Brownies

I love a good story about how people found success.

And I love chocolate.

And when the two come together at one time - well, it just doesn't get any better!

I stumbled across Donna Bell's Bake Shop in the "New Book's" section of my local library. Thumbed through it and decided it definitely had to come home with me. A few days later I finished the story and drooled over the pictures. And with that, I decided to make Frosted Brownies ~



Have you heard of this little shop in Manhattan? Or do you know Pauley Perrette from NCIS?

No? I never had either. The book told me all about the shop, and my son told me - "Oh my gosh, Mom, that's the lady from NCIS!!!" He was so excited to see her on a book I was reading.

So my hubs and I went to the store and bought all the ingredients to make Chef Matthew Sandusky's original Frosted Brownies (Darren Greenblatt runs the business side of the store).

I had so much fun in the kitchen with my handmade apron. Measuring, stirring, mixing, folding - it took me about 1.5 hours to make the Frosted Brownies, but oh were they worth it. We ate some and then decided we'd best give away the rest or else we would each weigh 900 pounds.

So we did. Gave them all away. Hubby took some to work and came home with an email from a coworker begging for the recipe ;)

If you'd like to try your hand at Frosted Brownies (or any of the other 53 recipes), you can find the book at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, or with any luck at your local library.

Have fun!

Mary

I'm sharing at:
Cozy Little House

1 comment:

  1. Well it doesn't get any better than chocolate brownies!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete