Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Life is Better at the Lake

I reserved a vacation house at Lake Gaston, NC, sight unseen.


It was better than we could have dreamed, situated in a cove with only about 15 other houses.



In the past we vacationed at North Carolina's Outer Banks. This year we decided to try something new. And we found that life really is better at the lake! We rented a small boat - our first time ever driving a boat. It was so much fun skimming over the water, the wind in our faces, beautiful scenery.


Kayaks came with the house.



Matthew, 15, especially loved the boat, and the faster the better. This boat didn't lend itself to pulling rafts or skiers, but since we were boat newbies, it worked great for us.


I took several library books, as well as my Nook, for reading relaxation.There were several perfect spots for reading.


This bright pink and green kitchen made cooking and washing dishes lots more fun. We ate out for lunch each day and I cooked simple meals in the evenings.


We can't wait to go back to the same place next year and hope to rent a larger boat that can tow rafts. Fun!

Have you been on vacation yet? If so, where did you go this year?

Mary 

I'm sharing at:










3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post and lovely photos, Mary! I agree with you, as I have always loved the water. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had so much fun! Looks gorgeous and the little cabin is adorable! Thanks for popping in to see me and I hope you're continuing to have fun.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary :)

    That kitchen is wonderful! Love the green cabinets.

    It's sounds like you and your family had a blast. I haven't gone on vacation yet, but we're planning one ;)

    I love your blog too! Thank you for your sweet comment.

    rue

    ReplyDelete