Saturday, August 30, 2014

Busy Fun Week

The Masonite siding on our house, where we've lived the past five years, was falling off in patches, so we saved and saved and saved and finally, this summer had new siding and windows installed ~ 


I love the gray with black and white trim - so very colonial. We became more interested in landscaping once the house redo was completed. Elizabeth (18) and I began creating a new flower bed around our mail box, starting with five of these lovely fall mums ~ 


I recently completed the August block-of-the-month - following along with Amy Gibson (Stichory Dickory Dock). Can't believe we've completed eight blocks with very little effort already. I even got to learn English paper piecing, which was on my list of things to do in 2014 - it was a real challenge but I've conquered it ~ 


The cherry fabric is from Lori Holt's Bake Sale line. Lori blogs at Bee in my Bonnet. I love visiting to see her cottage full of wonderfully painted furniture, as well as her many quilts. Lori has two books out (and word has it there'll soon be a third). Quilty Fun and Great Granny Squared are both available on her blog.

Here's a quilt I made earlier this year from her Quilty Fun book ~ 



That's it for this week, friends, hope you have a lovely week.

~ Mary 

Happily sharing at:


From My Front Porch to Yours

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those Lori Holt fabrics and your quilt is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete